Name: Dr. (Mrs.) Roseta Chizoba Eneje
State of Origin: Imo State
Present Post: Associate Professor and Head of Department
Previous Post: Senior Lecturer
Marital Status: Married
Primary School: Adollor Primary School, Benin City
Secondary School: New Era Girls College, Benin City (1981-1986)
University / other higher institutions attended:
1. University on Nigeria, Nsukka (1987-1992)
2. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (1994-1999)
3. The Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy (11-29 September 1995)
4. Institute Of Microbiology, University of Innsbruck, Austria. (May 1997- September 1998)
5. Faculty of Agriculture and Environment, The University of Sydney, Australia (June 2013- July2013).
Academic /Professional Qualification (with dates):
1. First school leaving certificate (1986)
2. B. Agric. (Second class Upper) (1992)
3. M. Sc. Soil Physics/Conservation (1996)
4. Ph.D. Soil Conservation (1999)
1. OND Certificate: “Computer studies and programming” (1993)
2. Certificate of Participation “College on Soil Physics” (1995)
3. Testimonial of participation “Techniques in Microbial Ecology”(1998).
4. Certificate of participation “Soil Physical Processes in West Africa” 2011.
5. Certificate of participation “Australian Agency for International Development ALA Fellowship (Training Programme RD 12); Mining West African Legacy Agricultural Research to Enhance Agricultural Productivity” 2013
6. Certificate of Participation “International Training and Study Tours; Technology Advances in Agricultural Production and Fertilization “2013
Other Distinctions and Awards:
1. Certificate of Honour-Best Graduating student by the Nigerian Federation of Catholic students, Unversity of Nigeria , Nsukka Chapter (1992)
2. Research Grant Award By the Third World Academy of Sciences, Trieste-Italy (1999)
3. Austrian Academic Exchange Agency (OAD) Research Fellowship. Award: Ph.D. Research focused on soil organic matter pools in terrestrial ecosystems; use of Biolog Ecoplate for Community Physiological Profiling and metabolic quotient determination using Infra-Red gas analysis (1997-1998).
4. Australian Agency for International Development ALA Fellowship Award ( RD 12); Mining West African Legacy Agricultural Research to Enhance Agricultural Productivity” 2013
Employment, Teaching and Administrative Experiences
Full Employment History and with Dates
1. Assistant Lecturer (1999-2006): Department of Soil Science and Meteorology: Teach undergraduate courses. Coordinate Departmental results as the Examination officer for the Department. Examination officer; Department of Soil Science and Meteorology Plan and implement research on soil remediation, organic carbon, and waste management as well as studies on microbial and structural properties of soils.
2. Lecturer I (2006-2009) : Department of Soil Science and Meteorology Teach graduate and undergraduate courses. Coordinate and supervise graduate and undergraduate student research. Coordinate Departmental Seminar.
3. Senior Lecturer: Department of Soil Science and Meteorology (2009-2012 ) Participation in SIWES courses Coordinator UGC 100 level (2009-2011) Project supervision of graduate and postgraduate students
Seminar Coordinator; Department of Soil Science and Meteorology. (2009-2012). Coordinator postgraduate programme for Department of Soil Science and Meteorology (2011-2012). Lectures undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Project supervision of graduate and postgraduate. Plan and implement research on soil remediation, organic carbon, landuse and waste management as well as studies on physical, microbial and chemical properties of soils.
4. Associate Professor (2012-till date) : Department of Soil Science and Meteorology Teach graduate and undergraduate courses. Coordinate and supervise graduate and undergraduate student research. College representative in Senate.
Teaching history with dates:
1. Agricultural Officer: Akko Kumo LGA Gombe – Bauchi State, Nigeria (NYSC) 1986-1987
2. Agricultural Science Teacher; St Thomas Basic Group of Schools Benin City, Edo state, Nigeria. 1988-1989
3. Examiner West African Examination Council (1999-2002)
4. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (1999-till date)
Administrative Experiences Within and outside the University
1. Ward Collation Officer-Mbaitoli Local Government Area; INEC Owerri Imo State (2011)
2. Visiting Scientist on sabbatical: Department of Soil Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom state, Nigeria. (2012- 2013).
3. Member: Committee on High Dawn Material College of Crop and Soil Sciences MOUAU (2007)
4. Member: Departmental Strategic Planning Committee (2002)
5. Member: CCSS College committee to articulate problems militating against teaching and learning in the college (2005)
6. Member: ASUU-MOUAU Electoral Committee (2004, 2006)
7. Secretary: University Agricultural Week Planning Committee (2005)
8. Secretary: UGC/SIWES and Departmental Research Publication Committee (2006)
9. Treasurer: College of Crop and Soil Science SIWES, UGC committee (2006-2008)
10. Member: Committee on Generation of Local Service Charter for CCSS and Soil Science and Agro meteorology (2009).
11. Patron/ Academic Adviser: Soil Science and Meteorology Students Association of Nigeria (2006-2012)
12. Member: Technical Committee to reorganize UGC/SIWES Programme
13. Member: Committee on Proposal of New Name for the College of crop and Soil Sciences (2010-2011)
14. Treasurer: Academic Staff Union of Universities MOUA Chapter. (2008-2012)
15. Member: Committee / investigation panel into the cause of Death of Miss Chidinma Agatha Iwueze ( a 400 level student of CAFST)
16 Vice Chairman: Academic Staff Union of Universities, MOUA Co-operative (2010- till date).
17. Chairman: Accreditation Committee Department of Soil Science and Meteorology, MOUAU, (2011).
18. Member Senate committee on results (2011-2012 and 2015-date)
19. Member of Senate MOUAU; College Rep. CCSS (2011-2012 and 2015-2017)
20. Chairperson: Committee on World Soil Day Celebration”2014” for the Department of Soil Science and Meteorology
21. Acting Head of Department: Soil Science and Meteorology intermittent months in 2011 and 2012.
22. Secretary: CCSS-Committee on “Michael Okpara Memorial lecture Series, 2014”
23. Chairperson: Departmental Committee- Project on Curcubita Spp: Soil Science Aspect (2014)
24. Chairperson: Curriculum Review Committee Department of Soil Science and Meteorology (2014)
25. Member: ASUU-MOUAU Orientation Workshop Committee 2014
26. Chairperson: Committee on “World Soil Day Celebration” 2014
27. Chairperson: Committee on “The International Year of Soils-IYS’ One-day Seminar for Youths in Southeast zone to mark the “IYS. 2015”
28. Chairperson Committee on “Review of Undergraduate Curriculum for the Department of Soil Science and Meteorology” 2015-Till date
29. Chairperson: CCSS Welfare Association 2015- till date
30. CCSS College Rep: Committee on Bench Mark/NUC Minimum Standard on resource verification of Departments in CCSS (2015)
31. Member: CCSS Lands Committee 2016
32. Welfare Officer ASUU- MOUAU, 2017
33. Ag. Head of Department, Soil Science and Meteorology, MOUAU (2017)
34. Patron/Academic Adviser: Soil Science and Meteorology Students Association of Nigeria (2006-2012)
35. Treasurer: Academic Staff Union of Universities MOUAU Chapter. (2009)
36. Vice Chairperson ASUU-MOUAU Cooperative Society
37. Assistant Secretary: Catholic Women Organization Mater Dei Parish , Umuahia Abia State.
38. Member committee on Proper Placement MOUAU (2018)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
DISERTATIONS AND THESIS:
1999: Ph. D Thesis: Assessment of soil microbial organic matter pools aggregate stability and crop productivity in a tropical ecosystem.
1996: M. Sc. Thesis: Variations in some properties of organic waste- amended soil in South-eastern Nigeria.
1992: B. Agric Project: The effect of plant residue on soil aggregation (Nkpologu series).
1. Eneje, R. C. and Mbagwu, J. S. C. 2002. Soil Microbial Biomass and aggregate stability in a tropical ecosystem. Journal of Applied Chemistry and Agricultural Research, Vol. 8: 82-90.
2. Eneje, R. C., Mbagwu J. S. C. and Insam, H. 2002. Metabolic Fingerprints of soil bacteria: influence of organic and inorganic amendments. Journal of Tropical Agriculture, Food, Environment and Extension. Vol., 3: 1-8.
3. Eneje, R. C. and Mbagwu, J. S. C. 2005. Effects of organic wastes on the physical properties of some tropical soil. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and Environment. Vol. 7(1) 99-112.
4. Eneje, R. C., Ogbonna, C. and Nuga, B.O. 2005. Saturated Hydraulic Conductivity, Water Stable Aggregates and Soil Organic Matter in a Sandy-loam Soil in Ikwuano LGA of Abia State. Journal of Tropical Agriculture, Food, Environment and Extension. Vol. 4(1) 34-37.
5. Eneje, R. C. and Agbim, N. 2005. Comparative Study of the level of Microbial activity in forested and cultivated soils in the humid tropical zone of Nigeria. Journal of Sustainable Tropical Agricultural Research. Vol. 14: 41-47.
6. Eneje, R. C. and Ukwuoma, V. E. 2005. Plant and animal organic manure effects on a vegetable and orchard farm soils. Part I: Effect on soil chemical properties. Journal of Agriculture, Agricultural Technology and Environment. Vol. 1 (1).34-39.
7. Eneje, R. C., Oguike, P. C. and Osuaku, S. 2006. Temporal variations in organic carbon, soil reactivity and aggregate stability in soils of contrasting cropping history. African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 6 (4). 369-374.
8. Eneje Roseta Chizoba and Mbagwu Joe Sonne Chinyere. 2006. Effect of humic acids on size distribution of aggregates in soils of different clay content. Electronic Journal of Environmental, Agricultural Food Chemistry. Vol. 5 (3); 1419- 1428.
9. Eneje R. C., Nnadozie P. and Oguike P. C. 2007. Can earthworm inoculated cow dung enhance nutrient availability for plant growth in degraded sandy soil? Research Journal of Applied Sciences 2 (3): 286-288.
10. Eneje R. C., and Ndu Adanma, 2007. Percent clay, aggregate size distribution and stability with depth along a toposequence formed on coastal plain sands.Online Journal of Earth Sciences 1 (2): 108-112.
11. Eneje, R. C., Mbagwu, J. S. C. and Insam, H 2007. Community Level Physiological Profile (CLPPS) in the rhizosphere of Cassava and Forested Agroecosystems. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences, Science and Environmental Techology Series A7 (1) 100- 117.
12. Eneje, R. C. Nnadozie P. and O. O. Agbede. 2008. Earthworm activity in Soils: Effects of Vermicomposted Cattle manure on Soil Physicochemical properties. Production Agriculture and Technology Vol 4( 2) ISSN: 0794-5213: p 161-171.
13. Eneje, R. C. Osuigwe A. and O. O. Agbede. 2008. Impact of Iron and Aluminium Oxide Distribution along a toposequence on aggregate stability on a TypicKandiaquults. Production Agriculture and Technology Vol 4(2) ISSN: 0794-5213: p184-194
14. Eneje, R. C. and Ezeakolam C. S. 2009. Synergistic effect of Poultry manure and saw dust on changes in soil structural indices of a sandy clay loam Ultisol. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science. Vol. 19(2) 77-87
15. Eneje, R. C. and Azu Donatus. 2009. Algae compost effects on soil nutrient status and aggregate stability. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science Vol. 19(2) 88-95
16. Enyioko, C. O. Obi, M. E. and Eneje, R. C. 2012. Soil Water Characteristics and structural stability of a Typic Paleustult Under Different Vegetation Cover. Production Agriculture and Technology Journal Vol. 7 (1): p153-163.
17. Eneje, Roseta C. and Ebikeme Ebomotei. 2011. Effect of crude oil pollution in soil physico chemical properties and germination percent of Amarantus Hybridus. Nigerian Journal of Soil and Environmental Research Vol. 9: 97-103.
18. Eneje, R. C. and Ukut , A. N. 2012. Oyster Shell compost Effect on some physical and chemical properties of an inland valley soil. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science Vol 22(1):53-58.
19. Eneje, R. C. and Uzoukwu I. 2012. Effects of rice mill waste and poultry manure on some soil chemical properties ad growth and yield of maize. Nigerian Journal of Soil Science Vol. 22(1):59-64.
20. Roseta Chizoba Eneje and Nneoma Obasi. 2012. Monitoring and Management of Climate Change; the stake of women scientists in third countries. Science Journal of Environmental Engineering Research, ISSN: 2276 -7495 http://www.sjpub.org/sjpsych.html
21. Eneje, Roseta. C, Asiegbu Loise, Njoku, Nwanyieze R. 2012. Soil Structural and Chemical Properties of a Fallowed Field Soil Following Cassava-cowpea Inter crop. Science Journal of Agricultural Research & Management ISSN: 2276-8572 http://www.sjpub.org
22. Roseta C Eneje and C. J. Nwosu 2012. Cowdung and cassava peel effect on selected soil nutrient indices and germination of maize. Science Journal of Agricultural Research & Management ISSN: 2276- 8572 http://www.sjpub.org/sjpsych.html
23 Eneje, R. C. and Apundu J. 2012. Soil water and ionic properties, and C: N ratio of plantation soils in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike Abia state. International Journal of Agricultural Science and Bioresource Engineering Research Vol. 1(2) 51-58.
24. Eneje R. C, Nwagbara C and Uwumarongie-IIori E. G. 2012. Amelioration of chemical properties of crude oil contaminated soil using compost from calpogonium mucunoides and poultry manure. International Research Journal of Agricultural Science and Soil Science ISSN 2251-0044) Vol. 2 (6): pp 246-251.
25. Eneje Roseta C., Asawalam D. O. and Ezemobi Chimaroke. 2012.
Variability in Physicochemical properties of some selected cocoa growing soils in Umuahia North Local Government Area of Abia State. Research Journal in Engineering and applied Sciences 1 (4) 235-239.
26. Eneje Roseta. C. and Ifenkwe Innocent. C. 2012. Agro-industrial effluents and agricultural wastes effects on soil chemical properties and yield of Okro (Abelmosclus esculentus L moench). Journal of Environment and Earth Science. Vol.2 (5) 85-89.
27. Eneje Roseta C. and Ebikeme Ebomotei 2012. Effect of off-shore oil spillage on heavy metal toxicity, fungal and bacterial diversity of a tropical soil. International Journal of Applied Agricultural Research
ISSN 0973-2683 Volume 7, Number 3 (2012) pp. 169-185 © Research India Publications http://www.ripublication.com/ijaar.htm
28. Eneje Roseta C. and Ifenkwe Innocent 2012. Effect of agricultural and industrial wastes on the physicochemical properties of a sandy clay loam soil. International Journal of Applied Agricultural Research
ISSN 0973-2683 Volume 7, Number 3 (2012) pp. 187-196
© Research India Publications http://www.ripublication.com/ijaar.htm
29. Eneje Roseta C and Ifenkwe Innocent 2012. Microbial population and diversity in soils amended with agro- industrial wastes and poultry manure. International Journal of Agricultural Science and Bioresource Engineering Research (IJASBER). Vol. 1 (5): p 78-86. http/www.ijasber.com ISSN: 2315-6775.
30. C. R. Eneje, and C. Udejinta. 2012. Influence of compost of Earthworm-cassava and Earthworm poultry-manure mixtures on physical and chemical properties of soils. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and the Environment. Vol. 13(2012)(1): p99-105
31. Eneje, R. C. and Kalu Samuel Anya. 2012. Relationship between Aggregate Stability, Sand: Clay Ratio and Electrical Conductivity in Plantation Soils. Production Agriculture and Technology Journal June, 2012; 8 (1): 105-110; ISSN: 0794-5213 www.patnsukjournal.net/currentissue
32. Eneje, Roseta. C. and Lemoha Kelechi, T. 2012. Heavy metal content and physicochemical properties of municipal solid waste dump soils in Owerri Imo state. International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER). Vol. 2 (5): 3795-3799
33. Uwumarongie-Ilori, E. G., Aisueni N. O., Sulaiman-Ilobu, B. B., Ekhator, F. Eneje, R. C. and Efetie-Osie, A. 2012. Immobilization Effect of Cow Dung on Lead and Chromium in Soil Cultivated With Oil Palm. Bulletin of Environment, Pharmacology and Life Sciences Online ISSN 2277 – 1808. Volume 1  August 2012: 74 – 80 © All Rights Reserved Academy for Environment and Life Sciences, India.
34. Eneje R. C. and Ukwuoma V.E. 2012. Plant and animal amendment effects on a vegetable and orchard farm soils: Effects on Aggregate stability. International Journal of Applied Research and Technology. Vol.1 (6):275-280 ISSN 2275-0585.
35. Eneje Roseta C and Eke Chukwuebuka N. 2012. Effects of landuse on soil carbon and selected structural indices. Nigerian Journal of Soil and Environmental Research. Vol. 10: 101-108.
36. Okpamen SU, Uwumarongie-Ilori EG, Orhue ER, Suilaman-Ilobu BB, Eneje RC and Efetie-Osie A 2012. Influence of climatic factors on soil reaction, nutrient application and yield outputs of oil palm. International Research Journal of Plant Science (ISSN: 2141-5447) Vol. 3(10) pp. 216-221, December, 2012.Available online http://www.interesjournals.org/IRJPS Copyright © 2012 International Research Journals
37. Eneje R. C. 2014. Carbon Sequestration; monitoring, processes and its effect on soil conservation in the tropics. Accepted : Research Journal in Engineering and applied Sciences
38. Eneje R. C. 2014. Soil organic matter pools and carbon sequestration in the tropics. Journal of Environmental Sciences and Water Resources Vol. 3 (8) pp.192-204 ISSN 2277 0704. Wudpecker Journals
39.Eneje R. C. and Ukpo, U.E 2012. Physicochemical properties of cocoyam growing soils in Anantigha, Calabar South, Cross River state, Nigeria. International Journal of applied Research and Technology 1(7); 95-101, ISSN 2277-0585
40.Eneje Roseta C. And Uzuegbu Obinna 2017. Biological and chemical activity in soils from two contrasting parent material contaminated with agro-industrial effluents. International Journal of Research studies in Agricultureal Sciences (IJRSAS) Vol. 3 (5) . ISSN 2454-6224. www.arcjournals.org
40. Chikamnele T. Amanze, Paul C. Oguike and Roseta C. Eneje 2017. Land Use Effects on Some physic-chemical properties of an Ultisol in
Ndume–Ibeku, Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 7, Issue 9, September 2017 7 ISSN 2250-3153 www.ijsrp.org
41. Paul C. Oguike, Chika T. Amanze and Roseta C. Eneje. 2017. Assessing the Relationship between Organic Carbon and Aggregate Stability of Soils under Contrasting Land Use Types at Ndume Ibeku, Southeastern Nigeria The International Journal Of Science & Technoledge (ISSN 2321 – 919X) www.theijst.com
42. Eneje Roseta. C and Ngozi Nwagbogu E. 2017. Heavy metal pollution and microbial starvation by contaminants of household and metallic waste deposits in soils. Accepted in ASN Proceedings 2017.
1. Ekeh, R. C., Mbagwu, J. S. C., Agbim, N. and Piccolo, A. 1997. Physical Properties of Two Tropical Soils Amended With Coal-derived Humic Substances. In: J. Drozd, S. S. Gonet, N. Senesi and J. Webber (eds). The Role of Humic Substances in the Ecosystem and in Environmental Protection. PP. 329-333.
2. Ekeh, R. C., Mbagwu, J. S. C. and H. Insam. 2000. Soil Microbial Pools and Activities in Forested and Cultivated Tropical Soils. Mitt, d. Osterr. Bodenkundl. Ges., H. 59: 63-66.
3. Eneje, R. C., Mbagwu, J. S. C. and Insam, H. 2005. Biolog Substrate Utilization Assays in the Rhizosphere of Cassava and Forested Agro- ecosystems. Proceedings of the 39th Annual Conference of the Agricultural Society of Nigeria. PP. 272-276.
4. R. C. Eneje and J. S. C. Mbagwu. 2005. Effect of humic acids on aggregate size distribution of two tropical soils. Proceedings of the 39th Annual Conference of the Agricultural Society of Nigeria. PP. 290-294.
Reviews of papers for Reputable Journals
1. Mean Weight Diameter and organic matter of two texturally contrasting soils subjected to cyclical wetting and drying: Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and Environment, August, 2012
2. Effect of long-term cattle grazing on structural stability and some chemical properties of a seasonally flooded vertisol: Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and Environment, August, 2012
3. Soil water retention infiltration and aggregate stability of a seasonally flooded vertisol under intensive cattle grazing: Nigerian Agricultural Journal August 2012
4. Chemical properties of crude oil polluted soils in Ibeno Local Government Area Akwa Ibom State: Journal of Applied chemistry and agricultural Research 2003
5. Variations of some soil series on shale parent materials in South Western Nigeria. JAAR, February, 2013.
6. Potential Effects of Climate Change in Cassava( Manihot Esculenta) Yield in Imo State, Nigeria Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and the Environment April, 2016
Graduate student Supervisions:
Postgraduate Diploma students successfully supervised:
1. Ukut Asuama Ntikut (MOUA/PG/PGD/1139): The Physico-chemical properties of in land valley soils treated with compost of oyster shell, goat droppings and poultry droppings. (Pg.D Soil Science, 2008).
2. Okpo Uwe Esekak (MOUA/PG/PGD/1128): The physicochemical properties of water logged soils in Anantigha Calabar South LGA Cross River State. (PG.D: Soil Science, 2009).
MASTERS DEGREE STUDENTS SUCCESSFULLY SUPERVISED:
1. Ofoegbo Chibisi C. (MOUAU/PG/M. Sc./10/1833) Effect of Humic acid conditioner in combination with poultry manure and NPK 15:15:15 fertilizer on growth and yield of cassava and soil physicochemical properties. (M. Sc. Soil Physics and Conservation)
2 . Evans Nwachukwu (MOUAU/PG/M.Sc./101832). Remediation of spent engine oil and Palm oil mill effluent contaminated soil using microorganism (Pseudomonas fluorescens).
3. Samson Iniokio Eluwan (MOUAU/PG/M.Sc/12/2287). Land management systems and its effects on structural properties and sesquioxides content of soils in South Central states of Nigeria. (2018)
PH.D STUDENTS SUCCESSFULLY SUPERVISED:
1) Amanze Chikamnele Tochukwu (MOUAU/ PG/Ph.D/14/4334). Evaluation of the variability in structural properties and Carbon storage of soils under selected landuses in ultisols of South Eastern Nigeria. (2018)
Mentorship of staff:
Current Research Interest: Plan and implement research on soil remediation/conservation, organic carbon, landuse and waste management as well as studies on spatial variability of physical, microbial and chemical properties of soils.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
i. Third World organization of Women in Science (TWOWS)
ii. International Union of Soil Science (IUSS)
iii. Soil Science Society of Nigeria
iv. Nigerian Agricultural Society
1. Ward Collation Officer-Mbaitoli Local Government Area; INEC Owerri Imo State (2011)
Other Achievements and Dates:
Public Lectures and Seminar
Eneje Roseta C. 2011. “Soil Physical Processes in West Africa”: Presented as a college Seminar paper in the College of Crop and soil Sciences, MOUAU.
Eneje Roseta C. 2012. “God has given you an assignment”: Presented as invited paper at the Diocesan Women’s Day in Mater Dei Cathedral Parish Umuahia, Abia State.
Eneje Roseta C. 2014. “Soil is life” Presented as invited paper to mark the “World soil Day 2014” in The Department of Soil Science and Meteorology under the auspices of the Soil Science Society of Nigeria
2007-2010: Financialsecretary,Catholic charismatic renewal movement, Mater Dei Cathedral Parish
2010- 2013: Treasurer, Catholic charismatic renewal movement, Mater Dei Cathedral Parish
2009-2012: Treasurer: Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) MOUAU
2010- date: Vice chair person: Cooperative Society ASUU-MOUAU
2010: Chairperson, Organizing Committee on St Theresa’s day celebration.