OTHER NAMES: KALU OKORO
STATE OF ORIGIN: EBONYI
MARITAL STATUS: MARRIED
OFFICIAL ADDRESS: Department of Agronomy, College of Crop and Soil Sciences, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, P.M.B., 7267, Umuahia
INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATES:
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA, 1998-2004
IHEORJI SEC. SCH., ABA 1989-1994
GOVT. PRIM.SCH.EREI FARM SETTLT: 1983-1989
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED WITH DATES:
Ph.D (in view)
M.SC. ( UNN) 2014
MAY/JUNE SSCE 1994
PRIMARY SCHOOL TESTIMONIAL 1989
ACADEMIC STATUS: Lecturer 11
ACADEMIC SERVICES: Lecturing, researches and Other Community Development Services
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECT: STUDIES ON PLANT SPACING, INTEGRATED PLANT NUTRITION AND ITS RESIDUAL EFFECTS ON THE GROWTH, YIELD, NUTRITIVE VALUE AND SOIL OF COCOYAM FARMERS IN UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE, SOUTH-EAST NIGERIA.
FIELD OF INTEREST/SPECIALIZATION: Crop Physiology and Production
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES: Crop Science Society of Nigeria (CSSN), AND AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE SOCIETY OF NIGERIA (ASN).
CONFERENCE /WORKSHOP ATTENDED:
1. Crop Science Society of Nigeria Conference held at University of Nigeria, Nsukka from September 21st to 25th, 2014.
2. Electronic Library Resources Training Workshop on AGORA and TEEAL Programmes for Nigeria at MOUAU (2015).
3. Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN) Conference held at Umudike between 3rd and 7th October, 2016.
4. I attended Digital Bridge Institute`s Workshop on Advance Digital Appreciation Programme for Tertiary Institutions at MOUAU between 27th November – 1st December, 2017.
PREVIOUS LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE: I was the General Senior Prefect of Iheorji Secondary School, Aba between 1993 and 1994. Also, I was the chief Cadet Registrar of NYSC Road Safety Club at Bode Sa`adu, Kwara State during my national youth service between 2005 and 2006.
1. Federal Government Undergraduate Scholarship Awards 2001/ 2002
2. Letter of commendation from the Sector Commander of Kwara State Federal Road Safety Commission (2006).
3. Certificate of Completion for participation in an Electronic Library Resources Training Workshop on AGORA and TEEAL Programmes for Nigeria (2015).
4. Certificate of Participation in the Professional Development Planning and Researcher Development Framework Workshop Held at MOUAU on 31st January, 2017 under the sponsorship of Climate Impact Researcher capacity and Leadership Enhancement (CIRCLE) Programme for Sub-Saharan Africa (2014 – 2018).
HOBBIES: Reading, Researches, and Football
i. Chairman, Committee for Rights and Privileges,
Faculty of Agriculture, House of Representatives, UNN, 2003
ii. Assistant Pastor, Foursquare Gospel Church, Ohanku branch, Aba, 2010 – 2013
iii. Sunday School Teachers’ Superintendent, Umuahia District, 2015 to date
iv. Sunday School Teacher for Workers in Training, Umuahia District, 2013 to date
v. Secretary, Council of Foursquare Men, Umuahia District, 2013 to 2017
vi. Chairman, Department of Agronomy’s Welfare Association Constitution Review
vii. Member, CCSS Welfare Association Constitution Review Committee, 2015
viii. Servicom Window for CCSS, 2014 – 2016
ix. P.R.O CCSS Welfare Association, 2015 to date
x. Appointed as Exam Officer for 300 Level, 2016 to date
xi. Appointed as College Representative in CASAP, 2016
xii. Secretary, Committee for Change of Departmental name, 2017
xiii. I was appointed also as a Youth and Choir Counselor, Foursquare Gospel Church Umuahia Missionary District in 2018
xiv. Member, Church Welfare Committee, 2015 to date
NUMBER OF ARTICLES PUBLISHED:
1.K.O.Orji, J.E.Asiegbu and J.U.Ogbu , (2008).Studies of powerplant`s liquid fertilizer effect on the growth, development and yield of chilli pepper(Capsicum frutescens var. sombo).Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Conference of Agricultural Society of Nigeria, Ebonyi State University, Abakeliki. 250-253pp
2.K.O.Orji, (2008).Effect of powerplant and poultry manure on plant fraction and total biomass of fresh and dry weight of Capsicum frutescens var. sombo.Book of Abstracts of 26th National Annual Conference of the Horticultural Society of Nigeria (HORTSON), Mubi 2008.25/26pp
3. K.O.Orji and J.U.Ogbu, (2010). Effect of powerplant and poultry manure on the nutritional values and viral infection of Capsicum frutescens var. sombo. Journal of Agricultural Research and Policies, 5 (3): 34-36
4.Orji, K.O., Ogbonna, P.E. and Eze, C.E., (2013).Evaluation of growth and yield responses of Taro (Colocasia esculenta) to NPK fertilizer rates on the plains of Nsukka in southeastern Nigeria.Proceedings of the 1st National Annual Conference of Crop Science Society of Nigeria (CSSN), University of Nigeria, Nsukka.118-123pp
5. Ogbonna, P.E. and Orji, K.O., (2013). Evaluation of the growth and yield potentials of cultivars of cocoyam (Colocasia esculenta) in locations in Southeastern Nigeria.Nigerian Journal of Crop Science, 1(1):105-115pp
6. Orji, K.O., Ogbonna, P.E. and Eze, C.E., (2014). Evaluation of growth and yield responses of some Taro (Colocasia esculenta) cultivars to plant spacing on the plains of Nsukka, Southeastern Nigeria. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 3 (9): 1553-1557pp
7. J. C. Harriman, Ngwuta, A. A., Onyishi, G. C., Nwadinobi, C.A., ORJI,K.O.,Ndulue, N. K.,Ogu, C.E.,Okoye, A.I. And Njoku, G., (2014). Crop Outliers Emergence: A Prospective Useful Gene Donors for Crop Improvement. International Journal of Innovative and Applied Research, 2 (11): 42- 48
8. Orji, K.O. and Ogbonna, P.E., (2015). Morphological correlation analysis on some agronomic traits of Taro (Colocasia esculenta) in the Plains of Nsukka,Nigeria. Journal of Global Biosciences 4(1): 1120-1126
9. Ogbonna, P.E., Orji, K.O., Nweze, N.J., Opata, P.I., (2015). Effect of planting space on plant population at harvest and tuber yield in taro [Colocasia esculenta (L.)]. Academic Journals, 10 (5): 308-316
10. K. O. Orji and P. E. Ogbonna (2015). Effects of Cultivars and Npk Fertilizer on Foliage and Sucker production of Taro [Colocasia esculenta (L.)] on Plains of Nsukka, Southeastern Nigeria. American- Eurasian Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, 15(2): 165- 169
11. Awodoyin, R. O., Olubode, O. S., Ogbu, J. U., Balogun, R. B., Nwawuisi, J. U. and Orji, K.O.(2015). Indigenous Fruit Trees of Tropical Africa: Status, opportunity for Development and Biodiversity Management. Agricultural sciences, 6, 31- 41.
12. Orji, K. O., Ogbonna, P. E. and Chukwu, L. A. (2016). Studies on the interactive effects of Cultivars, NPK fertilizer and Seasons on the Growth and Yield of Taro [Colocasia esculenta (L.)] on Plains of Nsukka, Nigeria. Journal of Global Biosciences, 5(3): 3699- 3710.
13. Orji, K. O., Ogbonna, P. E., and Chukwu, L. A. (2016). Effects of cultivars and plant spacing on foliage and sucker production of taro [Colocasia esculenta (L.)] on the Plains of Nsukka, Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture and Earth Science 2 (6): 2489-0081.
14. K. O. Orji, E. U. Mbah, and C. O. Muoneke (2016). Responses of growth and yield of taro var. Coco-India to different rates of NPK fertilizer and poultry manure at Umudike. Proceedings of 50th Annual Conference of Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN), Abia 2016, 406-408 pp.
15. Akpan, A. U., Agbo, E. A. and Orji, K. O. (2016). Responses of growth and seed yield of cowpea (Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp) Varieties to potassium fertilizer rates, in Abia State, Nigeria. Journal of the Science of Agriculture, Food Technology and the Environment (15): 9-15
16. Orji, K.O., Chukwu, L.A. and Ogbu, J.U. (2017). Growth and Yield Responses of Groundnut in Different Rates of NPK Fertilizer at Umudike. Book of Abstract, 1st International Conference of Postgraduate Students` Association, MOUAU, 20th – 22nd February, 2017, 16 p.
17. Orji, K.O., Mbah, E.U. and Muoneke, C.O. (2017). Effect of integrated plant nutrient management on growth and yield of tannia [Xanthosoma sagittifolium (L.)] at Umudike, South Eastern Nigeria, Proceedings of the 4th National Annual Conference held at the University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria.pp. 223- 233
DEPARTMENT OF AGRONOMY, COLLEGE OF CROPS AND SOIL SCIENCES,
MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSIYT OF AGRICULTURE, ABIA STATE
DEPARTMENT OF AGRONOMY, COLLEGE OF CROPS AND SOIL SCIENCES,
MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABIA STATE
DEPARTMENT OF CROP SCIENCE
UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA