A. PERSONAL DATA
· SURNAME: JOHN
· OTHER NAMES: CHIDI HARRIMAN
· NATIONALITY: Nigerian
B. EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Ph.D (in view) Crop Breeding and Genetics; Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria (2014 till date).
· Master’s (M.Sc.) Crop Breeding and Genetics; Federal University of Technology, Owerri First Class (CGPA of 4.63) (2010 - 2013).
· Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2003 - 2008) Bachelor of Agricultural Technology (B. Agric. Tech) Second Class Honours, Upper Division.
· Bolson College, Agbado Station, Ogun State (1999-2002) West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
· Government College, Umuahia, Abia State (1995-1998) Junior School Certificate Examination (JSCE).
· Obuohia Ibere Community Primary School, Ikwuano (1988-1994). First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) Distinction.
C. WORK EXPERIENCE:
· Assistant Lecturer in The Department of Agronomy, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria (1st of April till date).
· Teacher of Agricultural and Biological Sciences in Government Secondary School, Bagudo, Kebbi State (2008 – 2010).
· Agricultural Field Supervisor and Teacher in Bagudo L. G. A., Kebbi State (2008-2010).
· Proficient in the use of statistical Analysis Softwares (Amos SPSS, SPSS, Genstat, excel, etc.).
D. UNIVERSITY SERVICE
Member, Caretaker Committee on Green House, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State, Nigeria (21st April, 2015 till date).
College of Crop and Soil Science Representative in College of Food Science and Technology in Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (2015 till date)
E. STUDENT ASSISTANT
Staff Adviser for Agronomy Students Association of Nigeria (ASAN), Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike Chapter (2015 till date).
· Participated in a programme titled Understanding the Basics of Academia Virtual Library which was sponsored by tetfund between (29th – 31st August, 2016).
· Participant, The Nigerian Universities Electronic Teaching And Learning Platform sponsored by tetfund (7 – 9TH March, 2016).
· Former Zonal Secretary, Nigerian Christian Corper’s Fellowship (Bagudo Zone, kebbi State: (2009-2010).
· Former Treasurer, All Saints’ Chapel; Federal University of Technology, Owerri (2005).
· Recipient, Ndi Tete Ikwuano Social Club of Nigeria Secondary School Scholarship Award (1994).
G. Membership of association/Attendance at conference: Crop Science Society of Nigeria Conference held at University of Nigeria, Nsukka from September 21st to 25th, 2014 and a Member, Crop Science Society of Nigeria.
(i). Registered member, Crop Science Society of Nigerian (CSSN).
(ii). Registered member, Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN).
(ii). Registered member, Genetics Society of Nigeria (JSN).
H. Description of lecturing courses:
(a). CPP 322 (Horticultural and Ornamental Crop Production): Significance and scope of horticulture: division of horticulture, climate in relation to distribution of fruit and vegetables. Principles underlying basic horticultural practices; horticultural structures, equipment and machinery and their maintenance etc.
(b). CGB 512……Plant Genetic Resources for Plant Breeding
(c). CGB 514…. CYTOGENETICS
(d). CCS 311…. Agricultural Biotechnology
I. EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
· Reading, Studying, Playing Football and Travelling.
J. JOURNAL PUBLICATION
(i) Onyishi, G.C., Harriman, J. C., Ngwuta, A. A., Okporie, E. O and Chukwu, S. C. (2013): Efficacy of some cowpea genotypes against major insect pests in Southeastern agro ecology of Nigeria. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research. 15 (1): 114-121.
(ii) Harriman, J.C., Ngwuta, A.A., Onyishi, G. C. and Nze, E.O., Janeth, O. O. and Ndulue, N. K (2014): Genotypic Performance of 15 Maize Cultivars for Stem Borer Resistance in Owerri West, South Eastern Nigeria. International Journal of Advanced Research (2014), Vol.2, Issue 8, 800-815.
(iii) Harriman, J.C., Ngwuta, A.A., Onyishi, G. C. and Nze, E.O. (2013): Genotypic performance of 15 maize cultivars for fresh maize consumption in Owerri West, South Eastern Nigeria. American-Eurasian J. Agric. And Environ Sci. 13(7): 901-906.
(iv) Harriman, J. C., Ngwuta, A. A., Onyishi, G. C., Nwadinobi, C.A., Orji,K.O., Ndulue, N. K., Ogu, C.E., Okoye, A.I. and Njoku, G.(2014). Crop outliers emergence: a prospective useful gene donors for crop improvement. International Journal of Innovative and Applied Research, Volume 2, Issue (11): 42- 48.
(v) Harriman J. C., Ngwuta, A. A., Onyishi, G. C., Nwadinobi, C.A., Orji, J. O., Ndulue, N. K., Ogu, C.E., Okoye, A.I And Njoku, G. (2014). Response of yellow yam (Dioscorea cayenensis) to shoot growth phytohormones on the tissue and organ morphogenesis. New York Science Journal 2014;7(11).
(vi) Orji, J.O, Ibeawuchi, I. I, Obilo, O. P., Obiefuna, J.C., Peter-Onoh, C.A., Harriman, J.C., Nze, E.O and Abana, P.C.(2015). Foliar mineral content of fluted pumpkin (Telfairia occidentalis f.hook) grown sole or intercropped with maize, cassava or their mixture. INT’L JOURNAL OF AGRIC. AND RURAL DEV.
(vii) Harriman, J.C, Abraham, A. N., Chuka, C. O., Nonso, K. N., Amarachi, C. N., Chinonmso, M. O, Chinaza, B. Onwuchekwa-Henry, and Olori-Great, N. (2016). Influence of Genotype on the Expression of Host Plant Resistance in Soybean (Glycine Max (L.) Mirrill) to the Major Insect Pests of Soybean in Umudike. J. Middle East North Afr. sci, 2(2), 48-55]. (p-ISSN 2412- 9763) - (e-ISSN 2412-8937).http://www.jomenas.org.
(viii) Nze, E.O., Obiefuna, J.C., Ngwuta, A.A., Ibeawuchi, I.I., Peter-Onoh, C.A., Orji, J.O and Harriman, J.C. (2015). Sensory Attributes Of Fresh Maize Accessions In South-Eastern Nigeria. Int’l Journal of Agric. And Rural Dev. Volume 18(2): 2299-2304.
(ix) Harriman1, J.C., and Nwammadu, C.A. (2016): Utilization of diallel analyses for heritability, GCA and SCA studies in crop improvement. American Advances Journal of Biological Sciences 2(5) (2016) 159–167.
(x) Harriman, C. J. and Nwammadu, C. A. (2016). Assessing the Potential Impact of Garden Egg Germplasm on Egg Fruit and Shoot Borer (Leucinodes orbonalis) Infestation in Umudike. The Journal of Middle East and North Africa Sciences, 2(4), 31-38]. (P-ISSN 2412- 9763) - (e-ISSN 2412-8937). www.jomenas.org.
Dr. A. A. Ngwuta,
M.Sc. Project Supervisor,
Federal University of Technology,
Dr. G.C. Onyishi:
[Assistant Director of centre of Agricultural Research (CAR)
Federal University of Technology,