A. PERSONAL DATA
NAME NWAOGU, AMARACHI GRACE (Ph.D)
DEPARTMENT Plant Health Management
B. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
· First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) 1982
· West African School Certificate (WASC) 1990/91
· ND (National Diploma) – General Agriculture 1995
· HND (Higher National Diploma) – Crop Production Science 1998
· PGD (Post Graduate Diploma) – Crop Protection 2002
· M.Sc (Master of Science) – Plant Pathology 2006
PhD (Post Doctoral Degree) Plant Pathology (Applied Mycology) 2014
Universal Mandatory IT Training (UMITT) AFRIHUB MOUAU (Certificate of Proficiency)
· Work experience in ADP: 14 years as extension agent in the rural farming communities with Abia State, A.D.P, 2001-2015.
· Field officer at FMRD (Fed. Min of Agric and Rural Development, Mando, Kaduna State, during NYSC), 1990—2000.
· Field Assistant NRCRI, 1998-1999.
· Sales Assistant at Arinzechi Agrochemical and Inputs Stores, Umuahia, Abia State, 1996.
PG Coordinator Department of Plant Health Management, 2016 - date
· Institute of Professional Agriculturists of Nigeria, May, 2015.
· Nigerian Society for Plant Protection, March, 2013
PUBLICATION AND CREATIVE WORK CONTINUED
1. Wokocha, R. C. and Grace, A. Nwogu (2008). Comparative Toxicity of extracts of three tropical medicinal plants and ridomil (metalxyl) on Phytophthora and varietal resistance of cocoa to the black pod disease in Ikwuano area of Abia State, Nigerian Journal of Botany. 21 (2), 428 – 436, Dec. 2008
2. Nwaogu, G, Ononuju, C. C and C. C. Wokocha, (2015): Journal of Biopesticides and Environment. Assessment of the inhibitory effects of four antagonists from cocoa soils against three fungal cocoa foods isolates in Abia State, Nigeria. (1): 1-6.
3. Opara, E. U and Nwaogu, A. G (2015): Influence of hormones of microbial plant infection: A defence Mechanism World Science Research Journal. 3 (3) Pg 13-14.
4. Nwaogu, A. G, Onunuju, C. C and Onyeka, J. T (2015): Growth response of phytophthora megakarya and two associated organisms (F. decemcellulare, C. ignotum) from cocoa pods to some non-synthetic media in-vitro.. Journal of Biopesticides and Agriculture. 1: 88-92
5. Nwaogu, A. G, Onunuju, C. C and Wokocha R. C. (2015): Evaluation of growth inhibition capacity of some plant extracts against three fungal isolates infecting cocoa pods in Abia State, Nigeria. Journal of Biopesticides and Agriculture. 1 : 61-67.
6. Nwaogu, A. G., Wokocha, R.C. and Ononuju, C.C. (2016). Fungal Microflora of Cocoa Soils, Sporulation Density and Mycelial Biomass of Three Fungal Isolates from Cocoa Pods in Abia Statehhh, Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research (4) 6: 1169-1173.
· Entrepreneurial Skill Acquisition Training Workshop on Value Addition to Cassava at NRCRI, Umudike, 5th – 7th July, 2010.
· Supreme Management Training and Consultancy Services Limited, Enugu State, 16th – 18th October, 2012.
· Federal government of Nigeria 2011/2012 OHCSF/ODDAP-MDGs Capacity Building Project, ARMTI, Ilorin, Nigeria, 30th Jan-30th Feb, 2012.
· Mycological society of Nigeria, UniZik Awka, Anambra State, 10th – 13th June, 2013.
· Nigerian Society for Plant Protection, March, 2014
· Nigerian Society for Plant Protection (NSPP), LauTech, Ogbomosho, Oyo-State, 24th -27th March, 2014.
· Biopesticides Society of Nigeria, UNICAL Cross River State, 5th -7th December, 2015
· Mycological Society of Nigeria, MYCOSON, FUNAI, Abakiliki Ebonyi, 9th – 13th October, 2016.
· Biopesticides Society of Nigeria, CRUTECH Calabar, Cross River State, 4th – 7th December, 2016.
Researching, Travelling and Meeting people