CAREER OBJECTIVE: Hard working graduate with proven leadership and organizational skills seeking to utilize my abilities as a good employee. Continuously learning and developing myself professionally to build a good career, applying my knowledge and skills acquired throughout my professional studies and job experiences to contribute to the growth and realization of this organization’s goals and objectives.
EDUCATION: Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
Masters (M.Sc) Plant Bacteriology – In view
National Institute of Management (NIM)
Proficiency Certificate in Management. -2012
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
B.Agric. Plant Health Management/Plant Science. (Second Class Upper Division)-2010
Ovom Girlsꞌ High School Aba, Abia State.
SSCE (Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination) 2004
EXPERIENCE: Michael Okpara Univeristy of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State.
Graduate Assistant, Nov 2015 to date.
· Assisting the examination Officer
· Farm practice Instructor
· Other duties assigned by the Head of Dept.
American University of Nigeria Yola, Adamawa State.
Resident Director, Oct 2012 to September, 2015.
· Provided guidance, personal and academic counsel and referrals to students
· Served as the newsletter correspondent of the student affairs department
· Promoted intellectual and residential life of students
· Planned and executed resident hall activities.
· Served as the first point of contact for students in events of emergencies.
· Responsible for opening and closing of residential hall at the beginning and end of semester and also responsible for reporting maintenance problems.
· Carried out management and administrative functions.
· Ensured that high level of customer service and support is provided to students and other staffs.
Ministry of Agriculture, State Secretariat, Jimeta, Yola Adamawa State
National Youth Service Corps, 2011-2012
· Worked as an INEC ad-hoc staff, presiding officer during Adamawa state gubernatorial election in Feb, 2012.
· Performed general administrative duties
· Carried out other works assigned to me by my supervisor
· Served as the Costume coordinator of the Theater CDS.
· Performed general and personal community service projects.
Success International Christian School, Jubilee Road Aba, Abia State.
Senior Secondary School Teacher, Nov. 2010- May 2011
· Prepared lesson notes and taught senior students Biology and Agriculture, and integrated science for juniors.
· Managed students behaviors in the classroom and on school premises, and applied appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour;
· Marked work, gave appropriate feedback and maintained records of pupils' progress and development;
· Participated in departmental meetings, parents-teachers meetings and school events.
· Researched new topic areas, maintained up-to-date subject knowledge.
· Prepared pupils for qualifications and external examinations.
Independent National Electoral Commission, Aba-South, Abia State Nigeria
Ad-hoc Staff Jan.2011- April 2011
· Registration of voters.
· Conducted and monitored election
· Collected results signed and sent to INEC office for further processing.
Student Union Government, Michael Okpara University of Agric.Umudike. Students’ Representative (SRC-SUG) Nov 2007 –Aug.2008
· Formulated laws for the students body
· Accurately represented my college in the students house
· Member of the audit committee of the Students’ Representative Council
Pioneer Education Consult, Etche road, Aba, Abia State (Nigeria).
Receptionist August 2004 - February 2005
· Reception of guests, clients and performance of other secretarial duties
Social skills and competences: Ability to interact freely, excellent oratory ability, good communication skill in written English Organisational skills and competences: Team-player, leadership capabilities, accountable and goal-oriented, ability to embrace diversity and make the best of it.
Computer skills and COMPETENCES: Microsoft office suite, internet explorer, statistical package for the social science (SPSS).
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English Language, Igbo and Hausa(basic)
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION: Proficiency Certificate in Management
HOBBIES: Reading, Browsing, Writing , Singing, and Volleyball.
Certificate of Completion, Business Writing & Communication Skills, American University of Nigeria, Yola, March - April, 2013.
Certificate of Award, Student Development Training, American University of Nigeria, Yola, December 2012.
Certificate of Participation, Intensive Training on SPSS, American University of Nigeria, Yola, February 2012.
Proficiency Certificate in Management, National Institute of Management (NIM), 2012
Certificate of Participation NYSC Cultural Festival, December 2011.
Certificate of Participation, Bead Making, EvaGreen Skill Acquisition, Abuja, August 2011.
Certificate of Excellence in Human Resource Management, Horebson Resources, Surulere, Lagos State, July 2011.
Certificate of Proficiency, Afrihub Nigeria Limited, April 2011.
Certificate of Attendance, Career Talk Workshop, Afrihub Nigeria Limited, December 2010.
Volunteer Membership Certificate, Youth Enhancement Organization, June 2006.
Best Graduating Student, Department of Plant Health Management, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike; February 2011.